Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Port Townsend

Aaron and I went to Port Townsend over the weekend with some friends and stayed at the Chevy Chase Beach Cabins. (Why the name? Was it where "Fletch" was filmed? I wondered that, myself. Click here to find out the history about the cabins.)

We had a great time! The cabins were wonderful and I thought they were actually more like vacation homes. We stayed in the Homestead House.

It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It was so nice! I loved the duvet cover on the bed in the room that we had.

The Homestead House has a fully equipped kitchen (it even has a dishwasher!).

It also has a spacious dining area with a table big enough to seat seven (or more, if you extend out the leaf in the middle) and it was also good for board games.

The cabins are right on Discovery Bay. To get to the water, you just walk down a little path and there is a private beach to explore.



While we were there, we made breakfast

and dinner (ok, I didn't actually cook, but I was a helper)



and we played Mexican Train (a fun dominoes game).

It was an excellent weekend and we all had a lot of fun. I would highly recommend the Chevy Chase Beach Cabins and hope to go back again sometime!

No comments: