Thursday, November 13, 2008

Doris

I just picked up my lovely new Doris handbag from Laura Bee's shop the other day. It is so awesome - words cannot describe! But I will try...

I chose a paprika orange microsuede for the sides of the bag, a beautiful vintage green/orange/brown flower pattern for the accent fabric,

a pretty brown vintage button, and bay leaf colored naugahyde for the shoulder strap.

The lining is a warm champagne and also has a handy zipper pocket for keys or my phone.

The Doris handbag is on the large side, which is great for me. It holds my make-up bag, compact case, wallet, phone, camera, umbrella and is even big enough for me to stuff in a scarf and gloves. This is important, because I lost a pair of leather gloves a couple years ago one night when I was out with just a clutch. I set the gloves down, forgot about them, left, then realized I didn't have them. They were long gone when I went back to look for them. They went hasta la bye-bye, as an old boss of mine used to say. It was sad. But that won't be an issue with my trusty new purse!

My Doris bag is so gorgeous, that I have been moving it with me from room to room at home, just so that I can gaze at it and think of all the great outfits it will match. I am smitten.

2 comments:

daisymayrobin said...

Your new bag is indeed quite gorgeous!!

Kittykat said...

Thanks! I am going to debut it tomorrow at Matt's bday shindig!
:-) Can't wait!