Saturday, November 08, 2008

Aqua Net (Yep, you read that right)

I bought some Aqua Net at Walgreen's for part of my Metal Mania Halloween ensemble. I wasn't even sure if they were still making it, but I found it in the hair styling section on the bottom shelf. Not only did they have it, but it came in two varieties - fresh fragrance and unscented.

I chose Fresh Fragrance because the can was pink and white and the unscented one was purple. I'm a sucker for pink.

The scent wasn't gag inducing, but it wasn't high end either (obviously). It smelled a bit like cheap shampoo. I tried it out on my Halloween wig and holy crap!

The heights that I reached were beyond what I could have imagined. My wig hair was high and huge. Truly shocking.

Throughout the evening at the Halloween party, I had planned to spray on more Aqua Net and also get some gratuitous pictures of said action, but like most good picture ideas, I forgot my plan and got distracted with dancing and "carousing", as my Dad would say.

So my Aqua Net stayed nestled deep in my leopard print Kathy Van Zeeland handbag that I bought at Buffalo Exchange specifically for my costume. (Those Kathy Van Zeeland bags are just hideous - perfect for Halloween, but never good for any other time. They are always hawking them on QVC and I am never tempted.)

A few days after Halloween, Aaron asked me if I was bummed that I left my Aqua Net at the party. I said, "No, it's in the bedroom on the dresser. Never fear." He said that he had seen the host of the party using a can of Aqua Net as a flamethrower, but it must have been someone else's. I missed that performance, which is a relief, because with one spark, I'm sure my wig would have gone up in flames like a dried out Christmas tree.

Before putting the massive can away with other Halloween costumes of yore, I thought, shee-it, I might as well try it on my own hair. I mean, you never know, right? HOLY HELMET hair, Batman! That shit is SOLID! I casually sprayed my bangs so that they would sweep back a bit, since my hair is up today (don't worry, I don't look like Sarah Palin - I swear.). And now my bangs are not moving at all. I think I will have to wash again tonight, because I fear hairspray flakes will waft down if I try to brush through this melded hair formation.

So, the Aqua Net will go bye-bye for now, only to be used at the next theme party. (And, I'm sure there will be a next one.)

2 comments:

daisymayrobin said...

Hey! Did you guys not go to Port Townsend this weekend?

Kittykat said...

We did go to Pt. Townsend this weekend - I just scheduled this to post on Saturday morning. The cabins were great! I'm going to put up a post about it. We should all go there sometime! Maybe next fall?