Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mandarin Helen

A few weeks ago, I put in an order for a fun handbag from Laura Bee Designs. I had been tossing around the idea in my head for a slouchy, orange bag with fabric that had some neutral colors, as well as bright colors. I knew I wanted a brown grosgrain ribbon accent to tie it all together.

It turned out beautifully!

When I was designing the bag, at first I wasn't sure about the lining color. However, when I saw the fabric I wanted, I was sure I had to have lime lining. It reminds me of the color of a kamikaze!

This will be the perfect bag for summer. I'm already thinking of all the orange, brown, ivory and red clothes that it will match.

I am a big fan of the Helen Hobo shape because it has a zip closure, which makes me feel secure, and it's also big enough to hold my wallet, my full make-up bag and my cell phone (I got the optional cell phone pocket, too - so handy).

It's one sassy looking bag! Love it!

No comments: