Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shoppin' in the hood

Saturday, Daisy May Robin and I met up for a bit o' shopping. We hit up Tweed, Wish, Frock Shop, Lil' Paisley and Laura Bee. It was a whirlwind shopping experience and we both found some wonderful items. And it was a beautiful day to boot!

My two favorite finds were from Lil' Paisley and Laura Bee.

At Laura Bee, I picked up a handy and eco-friendly Envirosax tote and designed a Helen hobo handbag that will be ready in a few weeks. (Can't wait!!) Here's a shot of the Envirosax bag all unrolled:



And here it is snapped up into a tiny parcel that fits quite nicely in a purse or shoulder bag.



I also go this sweet vintage bracelet from Lil' Paisley.

Here's a close-up:

Love. It.

Lil' Paisley had a ton of wonderful vintage pieces. They also do jewelry repair, which is awesome because I have a beaded necklace that snapped a while ago and it's clear that I won't be up to the challenge of fixing it myself. (Yeah, it's been in my jewelry drawer for at least a year.)

After so much browsing around, we worked up a thirst and ended the afternoon at Matador for some snackies and a few alcoholic beverages. I gotta say it was a good day. (Every time I say that, I add silently in my head, "I didn't even have to use my AK." Word.)

No comments: