Friday, April 25, 2008

Mo' Money

I just saw that our tax rebates will be coming sooner than expected!

While I am excited at the prospect of getting 600 big ones, I do have mixed feelings about the whole situation. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means), but I really don't think that giving people a nominal (in the big scheme of things) amount of money is going to stimulate the economy all that much. There may be a blip of an increase in consumer spending, but I doubt that it will make a long-term impact or help pull us out of the recession.

So, what am I going to do with my cashola? I have been saying that I'm going to put it in my savings account just to spite Bush. But then this pink flamingo Dell laptop has been calling my name.

Then there are always purses, make-up, and hair styling tools that I drool over. I could really use a new cell phone, too. And I was also thinking about having some shoes cobbled at that one shoe store downtown, but it's almost sandal season. Maybe I could compromise and put half in savings and spend half? Decisions, decisions.

What are you going to do with your rebate?

No comments: