Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Greenwood Art Walk

Aaron and I hit up the Greenwood/Phinney Art Walk last Friday night.

One of our first stops was Emma Jean's Consignments and Antiques. After Moxie P'toxy told me she and her beau went there, I definitely wanted to check it out.



They had the most beautiful array of vintage men's and women's clothing, vintage jewelry (like Bakelite bangles), vintage shoes and purses and so much other stuff that I could barely focus. I don't even remember what art work they had displayed. We were short on time, though, so I will have to go back to Emma Jean's in the afternoon when I am not rushed so that I can try on some dresses and really look at the handbags.

We also stopped into the new flower shop and surveyed their wares.

They had a lot of beautiful organic flowers in pots and bouquets.

We made a few more stops after that and saw some lovely artwork. There were a couple pieces that we almost bought, but we just couldn't decide for sure which ones we liked best.

I stopped taking photos at about 80th because it was getting dark and I was a weensy bit, oh, shall we say, "overly tired". We made it to 72nd and then turned around. I was all tuckered out and happy to get back home.

I think we'll hit up the Art Walk on the Saturday next year. That way, I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed and we can spend a leisurely afternoon wandering up Greenwood. And, hell, who knows? Maybe it will even be sunny next year...(it could happen.)

No comments: